Losing a loved one is very difficult. We assist our clients with administrative and legal aspects after the death of a loved one.
We can help you stay abreast of the latest news that impacts your everyday life. Subscribe to stay up to date. (To subscribe to our blog Click here).
When a loved one dies, there is a lot to do and a lot of it is time sensitive.
First, there are many practical items to consider. These may include:
- Seeking care for any pet;
- Determine if there are funeral instructions, arrangements, or prepayments;
- Tell family and friends;
- Preparing obituaries;
- Securing the house, and many other practical items.
Once the initial matters are tackled, it is important to find out if there is a plantation plan in place.
Trustees must be notified so they can take action, according to the terms of the estate plan.
Even if there is no inheritance plan, surviving loved ones should still take action to:
- Define a professional adviser, such as a financial adviser, attorney, etc.;
- Obtain a copy of the death certificate; And
- find life insurance policies, bank statements, and other legal documents.
The administrative side of losing a loved one can be overwhelming.
We help our clients get through critical times and try this to help make the process as smooth as possible.
If you need help with your estate plan or following the death of a loved one, we can help.
Contact us today to help you get the right paperwork or to update your current property package. We will plan so you don’t have to worry about your future.
We publish important information every Wednesday and Friday. To have this important information delivered directly to your mailbox, click here to Subscribe.
Contact us today with all your legal needs!