Second suspect busted in slaying of NYC man in Queens family clash over food

Second suspect busted in slaying of NYC man in Queens family clash over food

Second suspect busted in slaying of NYC man in Queens family clash over food

A second suspect was arrested for the slaying of a man fatally shot when a fight over food broke out at their Queen’s home, police said Friday.

Cops nabbed Quaneisha Wilkins in Queens on Thursday, and charged her as an accomplice to her boyfriend Durran Morgan in the slaying of Morgan’s nephew and the wounding of his niece, according to law enforcement sources.

25yr old Chevaughn Millings was pronounced dead at Jamaica Hospital after he was shot in the head and chest inside of 188-10 Pineville Lane in Queens on Saturday May 27, 2023.

Wilkins is charged with murder, attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a loaded firearm, among other charges. Morgan surrendered to authorities last Sunday.

At arrangement Thursday in Queens Criminal Court, a judge ordered Wilkins held without bail, records show. Morgan, 38, was held without bail on the same charges on Monday.

Wilkins runs a licensed children’s daycare at her home in Mariners Park on Staten Island, according to city records.

She and Morgan are charged with fatally shooting Morgan’s 25-year-old nephew Chevaughn Millings and wounding his niece after a fight over the payment of food broke out at a family gathering at their St. Mary’s. Albans home the night of May 27.

Police said Wilkins, 45, acted “in concert” with Morgan in the slaying. However, they did not describe her exact role in the alleged crime.

Chevaughn Millings.  (Facebook)

During the family argument, Millings pushed Morgan out the side door of a home. Minutes later, Morgan stormed back in with a gun and opened fire, a Queens prosecutor said at Morgan’s arrangement.

The Daily News Flash


Catch up on the day’s top five stories every weekday afternoon.

Millings was struck at least eight times in the chest while Morgan’s 20-year-old niece was struck three times in the leg, police said.

Medics rushed both victims to Jamaica Hospital. Millings couldn’t be saved but the niece, whose name has not been released, survived.

Morgan served with the US Marines in Iraq, his lawyer said in court.

“I’m in shock … confused,” Millings’ mother, who gave her name as Vern, told the Daily News shortly after the shooting.

“He’s kind and he’s helpful,” she said of her other son. “He’s hardworking. He loved to draw. He loved to sing. And he’s always helping me to do everything.”